Educational Resource Center (ERC)
Memorial and Music Libraries are open and in-person services are available. Learn more about our latest updates.
The Educational Resource Center (ERC) houses several collections supporting the College of Education K-12 curriculum at Minnesota State Mankato as well as audio-visual materials supporting the entire university. The ERC is a department within Memorial Library and is located on the Library's lower level. All ERC materials are listed in Minnesota State Mankato Library Catalog.
ERC materials can be checked out with a MavCard by students, faculty and staff, and by community patrons with a valid library card.
- See Laptop and Equipment Borrowing for details
- Multimedia equipment available for 48 hours or 1 week loans, no renewals
- Students, faculty, and staff may checkout equipment. Not available to community patrons
- Includes DVDs, videotapes, films, and streamed videos (electronic videos)
- Includes educational titles and feature films supporting the Minnesota State Mankato curriculum
- Videorecordings can be checked-out to view at home unless the materials are booked or on reserve Videorecordings can be booked by professors for class use or reserved for in-Library viewing.
- Items from the video collection have a 1 week check out with 1 possible renewal
- Late fee is $5 first night overdue, $1 per day after. Default billing for non-return is $200
- Includes recorded books on compact disk, books on audio cassette tape, or books on Playaway (MP3 players)
- Audiobooks include children’s books, young adult books, and adult fiction and non-fiction
- Our collection includes Readalongs, which are books plus audio kits
- Some audiobooks are recorded at a slower speaking pace (SteadyReaders)
- Audiobooks have a 3 week check out and are renewable
- Includes children’s literature supporting the Education program's curriculum
- Includes easy books, middle readers, and young adult
- Fiction and non-fiction
- Collection also includes big books
- Juvenile books have a 3 week check out and are renewable
Supplemental Education Materials
- This collection includes puppets, manipulatives, board games, posters, kits, and other materials
- Includes K-12 textbooks
- Includes anatomy models (most of which are for use in the Anatomy Room)
- Supplemental Educational materials have a 3 week checkout