Laptop & Equipment Borrowing
Memorial & Music Libraries are open to Minnesota State Mankato students, faculty, & staff only. Current MavCard is required for entry. Some services remain online only. For more information, see Library Services COVID-19 Response & Support.
Library Laptops are currently available for checkout
Equipment available for checkout
- Multimedia equipment is available to current students, faculty, and staff for class-related projects.
- Community borrowers may not checkout library multimedia equipment.
- Equipment types other than laptop computers can be booked (reserved in advance) for pickup. Remaining items are available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Most items circulate for one week.
- Equipment cannot be renewed. Upon returning the equipment, a different unit may be checked out if one is available.
- Equipment can be returned anytime during Library hours. Equipment may be returned to the ERC (during ERC open hours) or Circulation desks. Do NOT place equipment in the book drop. A damage fee may be charged if equipment is returned with broken parts, missing cables, or is placed in the book drop.
- Borrowers must provide multimedia supplies, such as USB drives, SD cards, etc, for the equipment.
- Equipment has steep late fees of $25 per day from the TIME due. Please don't be late.
Equipment items available:
- Laptop computers --1 week checkout. Laptop computers circulate for one week (no renewals). Place a Hold Request to be notified of next available computer. For more information, see Requesting a laptop computer.
- Laptop computers -- end of day (laptop is due when the library closes).
- Video/Data projectors -- 48 hours checkout
- iPads and other tablet computers -- 1 week checkout
- iPad hold request
- Windows Tablet hold request
- Adapter cables (HDMI, VGA, USB, etc.) - due end of day
- Audio cassette tape recorders
- Calculators (financial, scientific, and graphing) - due end of day
- Charging cables for phones, tablets, and laptops - due end of day
- CD and cassette tape players
- Digital cameras - basic and DSLR
- Digital video camcorders
- Digital voice recorders and microphones
- Extension cords
- Headphones - end of day
- Slide projectors
- Portable overhead projectors
- Microfilm & microfiche portable readers
- Lecternette PA system with microphone and amplifier
- Portable speakers
- Presentation pointers/remotes
- Projector screens
- Request for Other Equipment
Equipment available for use in Library
Multimedia equipment available for in-Library use. MavCard not required to use these items.
- DVD players
- Videotape players (VCRs)
- Videotape player for international video formats – PAL, SECAM, etc.
- Region-free DVD player for international DVDs
- Cassette tape recorders
- 16mm film projector
- Record player
Multimedia equipment available for delivery to classrooms
- TV carts with VCR/DVD combo player
Delivery requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Call 389-5944 or email Diane Lochner
Multimedia duplication services available
The library offers duplication of CDs, DVDs, Videotapes, and cassette tapes. Requests for duplication must be related to class or other university business. Copyrighted materials will not be duplicated without written permission from the copyright holder. Multimedia services provided by the Educational Resource Center (ERC) are meant to support the curriculum at Minnesota State University. State of Minnesota regulations and statutes prohibit use of state property for personal, commercial and/or non-profit organizational use. Patrons must provide supplies for the duplication.
Faculty and staff needing multimedia services should contact ITS Academic Technology Services Phone 389-5856