Group Study Rooms
Memorial Library is now open. Some services remain online only. For more information, see Library Services COVID-19 Response and Support.
Group study room policies are temporarily changed. Limited rooms available. Only 2 people permitted per room. Visit our Covid FAQ's for current status.
Group Study Room Guidelines
Eleven group study rooms, located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of Memorial Library, are available to Minnesota State Mankato students, graduate students, faculty and staff. Second floor study rooms hold up to six people, third floor study rooms hold seven to nine people. Minnesota State Mankato students are given priority use of the group study rooms.
The following provisions apply to room use:
- Rooms must be occupied by at least two (2) people.
- Rooms may be reserved in person up to seven days in advance at Memorial Library's Circulation Desk or by telephone (507-389-5931). Room reservations are held for 15 minutes past the reserved time, and then are void.
- Room keys are checked out for three (3) hours and cannot be renewed. At least two persons from the group must be present when the key is checked out.
- Groups must vacate the room and return room keys on time to avoid overdue fines. (Keys are due before floors close. 11:30pm Sunday-Thursday, 6:45pm Friday, and 5:45pm Saturday.)
- Late return of keys and/or not vacating a group study room at the end of the 3 hour period will result in the immediate assessment of an overdue fee of $15.00 per hour. Keys not returned will be fined a non-refundable replacement charge of $200.00.
- Library food and drink policies apply.
Be considerate of other room users--leave the room in as good or better condition than you found it. Turn off the lights and close the door when leaving.