Group Study Rooms
Group Study Room Guidelines
Seventeen group study rooms, located on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors of Memorial Library, are available to Minnesota State Mankato students, faculty, and staff. First and second floor study rooms hold up to six people, third floor study rooms hold seven to nine people. Minnesota State Mankato students are given priority use of the group study rooms.
The following provisions apply to room use:
- Rooms may be reserved online , in person at Memorial Library's Circulation Desk, or by telephone (507-389-5931).
- Rooms can be reserved up to 7 days in advance.
- Room reservations are held for 15 minutes past the reserved time, and then are void.
- Rooms must be occupied by at least two (2) people. (Assistive devices such as a wheelchair counts as second occupant.)
- Room keys are checked out for three (3) hours and cannot be renewed. At least two persons from the group must be present when the key is checked out.
- Groups must vacate the room and return room keys on time to avoid overdue fines. (Keys are due 15 minutes before the building closes: 11:45pm Sunday-Thursday, 5:45pm Friday, and 5:45pm Saturday.)
- Late return of keys and/or not vacating a group study room at the end of the 3 hour period will result in the immediate assessment of an overdue fee of $15.00 per hour. Keys not returned will be fined a non-refundable replacement charge of $200.00.
- Be considerate of other room users--leave the room in as good or better condition than you found it. Discard trash, turn off the lights and close the door when leaving.
- Accessible MavPods, Music study rooms, and individual study rooms are available on first-come basis; no reservations needed.