Request a Laptop
Memorial Library is now open. Some services remain online only. For more information, see Library Services COVID-19 Response and Support.
Library Laptops are not currently available for checkout
IT Solutions is facilitating a laptop checkout program for students in need.
Request a Chromebook for semester loan from IT Solutions
Placing computer holds
Library laptop computer are available only to current students, faculty and staff. Community patrons cannot borrow library equipment.
Laptop computers circulate for 1 week. You will need to sign into MavScholar to place a hold if a laptop computer is not immediately available.
Hold Pickup Notice
- When a laptop computer becomes available for you, a Hold Pickup Notice will be sent to your campus email address.
- Bring your MavCard to the Media Services window in the ERC during Equipment Services hours Monday-Friday.
- Computer will be due back one week later at the same time of day.
Please note the following details
- You cannot place a hold on a specific laptop computer. You will receive the next available computer when your name is at the top of the queue.
- Only one hold per person may be placed at any time.
- Only one laptop computer per person may be checked out at any time
- You cannot place another hold on a laptop computer while you have one checked out.
- Laptop computers on hold will be held for 1 day from when the hold notice is sent to your email address. It is your responsibility to check your email and pick up the laptop computer.
- Day- use computers are available separate from the hold system. These laptops are due when the library closes. Request at ERC service counter.
- Laptop computers and other equipment can only be picked up when the ERC Media Services window is staffed. No Hold Pickup Notices will be sent after 3:00pm.
- Laptops and other equipment cannot be renewed.
Questions about audio-visual equipment? Contact ERC staff by calling (507) 389-5944.