Request a Laptop
Placing computer holds
Library laptop computer are available only to current students, faculty and staff. Community patrons cannot borrow library equipment.
Laptop computers circulate for 1 week. You will need to sign into MavScholar to place a hold if a laptop computer is not immediately available.
Hold Pickup Notice
- When a laptop computer becomes available for you, a Hold Pickup Notice will be sent to your campus email address.
- Bring your MavCard to the Media Services window in the ERC during Equipment Services hours Monday-Friday.
- Computer will be due back one week later at the same time of day.
Please note the following details
- You cannot place a hold on a specific laptop computer. You will receive the next available computer when your name is at the top of the queue.
- Only one hold per person may be placed at any time.
- Only one laptop computer per person may be checked out at any time
- You cannot place another hold on a laptop computer while you have one checked out.
- Laptop computers on hold will be held for 1 day from when the hold notice is sent to your email address. It is your responsibility to check your email and pick up the laptop computer.
- Day- use computers are available separate from the hold system. These laptops are due when the library closes. Request at ERC service counter.
- Laptop computers and other equipment can only be picked up when the ERC Media Services window is staffed. No Hold Pickup Notices will be sent after 3:00pm.
- Laptops and other equipment cannot be renewed.
Questions about audio-visual equipment? Contact ERC staff by calling (507) 389-5944.