Services for Accessibility
- Power doors at both public entrances to the Memorial Library building and elevator access to all levels.
- All-gender wheelchair-accessible restrooms with lever handles on the first floor.
- Quiet study areas to reduce distraction are available on the entire third floor and in the Quiet Study rooms on the first floor.
- Full-spectrum lighting is available on the second floor near the Lass Center.
- Group study rooms on multiple floors. Key must be checked out from Circulation Desk on First Floor. Advance reservation recommended. Group study room policy requires at least two people. Service animals and support aides count as a group. Contact us if other accommodations are needed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flatbed and sheet scanners with large monitors are available on height-adjustable tables on the first floor, able to convert print documents into searchable PDF, Word, or MP3 formats
- Adjustable-height computer workstations:
- in the lower level Library classroom ML81 is for study use when room is not being used for library instruction.
- In ML1034 when it’s not being used for MavPass.
- In ML3072 (check out room key at the Circulation Desk).
- Lactation spaces: there is a lactation room available in the NE corner of the ERC and in the CSU across from the Women’s Center (CSU 218).
- Food and drinks in covered containers are allowed throughout the library.
- Adjustable-height computer workstation with large monitor is available on the first floor in the reference area. Computer station is equipped with:
- JAWS screen reader; Kurzweil text reader.
- OpenBook Scanning and Reading; Read&Write; Adobe Digital Editions.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking is available on computer in Emeriti/Accessible study room (ML3072). Room key is available for checkout at Circulation Desk on first floor. This room is also large enough to accommodate a service animal or support assistant.
- Trackball mouse, headphones, and other equipment items can be checked out for in-library use.
- Disposable earplugs are freely available at the Circulation Desk.
Library staff can retrieve books, DVDs, and other library materials to pick up at the Circulation Desk. Immediate retrieval is not guaranteed.
- In MavScholar, sign in with your StarID, then request books and other library materials by using the Hold option. Notice will be emailed when items are available for pickup.
- You can also request library materials by phone 507-389-5958 (voice) or 507-203-1697 (text) or email email@example.com.
- Book retrieval service can also be requested in person at any service desk.
Library staff can provide custom tours. Advance appointment is recommended so that staff is available when needed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To arrange other services:
Please make your needs known to us in person or by emailing email@example.com.
Library Services is committed to serving people of all abilities. We are here to help all students, faculty, and staff.
Library staff works closely with the campus Accessibility Resources office, located in the lower level of the library.