Library Services: Archives in the Curriculum
2023 Archives in the Curriculum Fellowship
Looking to find unique ways to embed local history, University history, primary sources, or regionally inspired content into your courses? The University Archives and Southern Minnesota Historical Center is offering this limited professional development activity to integrate University archival collections into new or existing courses.
Not sure what this could look like? Examples include using historic documents to develop new fonts; looking at local business records to develop case studies; using menus to see how nutrition standards have changed; listening to oral histories to gain insights into how education in southern Minnesota have changed; and so much more.
The Fellowship includes
- a two-day workshop on June 13-14, 2023
- an in-depth introduction to archives and teaching with primary sources
- hands-on opportunities to work with print and digital University archival collections
- individualized support with the Archives team to develop course assignments, readings, or projects incorporating archival collections into programs across campus
- opportunities to collaborate with colleagues across disciplines
- participate in a two-day workshop on June 13-14, 2023
- develop a course assignment, reading, or project that incorporates the use of archival collections
- provide a short presentation on their fellowship experiences during Research Month in April 2024
Participants will be compensated two duty days for their involvement in the fellowship.