Memorial and Music Libraries are closed and have shifted to online and distance services only. For more information, see Library Services COVID-19 Response and Support.
Preservation Services at Minnesota State University, Mankato's Memorial Library supports the Library's mission by offering the following services for Library materials in order to ensure longevity and usability to the Library's collections:
- Binding library materials
- Mending library materials
- Collection maintenance
- Addressing preservation issues
- Providing education to library staff and the community
- Disaster preparedness and planning
- Collection development
- Music binding
Library Services does not provide preservation services for non-library materials.
For personal binding and preservation needs, please see the below resources:
To learn more about Preservation training at the MNSU Memorial Library:
- Preventive Preservation Leaflet
- How to Treat a Book: Handling and Care Tips
- Archivation Line: Blog by the Preservation and Archives Departments
If you find a damp or wet book in the Library collection, please bring it to the Preservation Department immediately; if it is on the weekend or in the evening, place the book in the freezer, and contact the Preservation Department.