Accessing Physical Library Items
Currently Memorial & Music Libraries are closed, but library services are available for you and your students virtually and, to a limited degree, physically.
Most library materials can still be checked out to current Minnesota State Mankato students, faculty, and staff.
- Library Pickup. Before coming to the library, please use the Get It - Hold Request button in MavScholar to request items be pulled from shelves for you in advance for a speedy pickup. Contact-less delivery is at the Library back doors (on Maywood Ave, facing Preska Hall). See the Library’s COVID-19 FAQs page for more detailed instructions.
- Delivery by mail. Sign up for Document Delivery to have physical items (books, DVDs) mailed to your home address. Get It - Hold Request button in MavScholar to create request. You can also request journal articles or a book chapter to be scanned and emailed to you. At this time there are no geographic restrictions for using this service. Sign up now.
- Pickup hours are between 11:00-1:00pm Monday-Friday. Requests received after 1:00pm will be pulled the following workday.
- Interlibrary Loan of physical items has been suspended by our partner, Minitex. We are unable to request physical items (books, DVDs, etc) from other libraries at this time. You can still place interlibrary loan requests for articles and book chapters. Any items already received from ILL do not have to be returned until end of semester, regardless of original due date.
- Due dates. Regardless of original due date, library materials do not need to be returned until the end of the semester (May 11).
- For questions about returning items contact the Circulation Desk at 507-389-5931.